Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Cyprus - Oregano Potato Chips

When I remember our visits to places overseas, it is difficult to not think about foods we liked that we can't get in the States. In Cyprus, I ate oregano potato chips for the first time. Oregano potato chips are just what they sound like: Potato chips with oregano sprinkled on them. Seasoning potato chips with oregano might sound odd, but I thought they were delicious! 

In fact, oregano became one of my new favorite spices while we were in Cyprus. I started putting it in everything I could, from eggs to salad. In Greek culture, oregano is used a lot in cooking. Along with rosemary and thyme, which we purchased from the vegetable market in Kiti, we dried oregano and brought it back to the States with us. 

It would be so nice to be able to snack on some of these oregano potato chips right now!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment