Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Robot




Last night, as Bill and I were working in the school office, we heard someone speaking Hebrew over a loudspeaker. We didn't pay a lot of attention to it, because things can be noisy around here. But, a few minutes later, we heard it again so I stepped out onto the balcony to see what was going on. A police van was parked on Ben Yehuda Street, with a ramp lowered. As I watched, a robot came down the ramp onto the street. (Sorry, I did not grab the camera in time to get a picture.) It was black and bulky, about the length of a motorcycle. It went down Ben Yehuda Street out of sight, so I could not see what it was doing, but Bill came out on the balcony in time to see it go back into the van and we both assumed it was a bomb sniffer checking out a report. Apparently, and thankfully! it was a false alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment