Monday, March 14, 2016

Vine Road Restaurant Recipe





The Sweet Potato Salad was our favorite meal at the Vine Road Restaurant. Israelis use a lot of sweet potatoes when they cook. This recipe has sweet potatoes in the salad and sweet potato chips on top. Sound strange? Trust us. It is wonderful!



Here are the salad ingredients as we replicated them. 
(Sorry, we don't have the exact proportions. We go by taste.)

Lettuce varieties
Red onion, thinly sliced
Cucumbers, cubed
Cooked, cubed sweet potatoes
Feta cheese (There are many good kinds of feta available. We like Mt. Vikos Feta Cheese from Greece. If you want to go native Israeli, there is a good Israeli cheese at Trader Joe's called Pastures of Eden. Both of these have wonderful flavor.)
Sweet potato chips (We recommend the Terra brand.)
Mustard Date-Honey Dressing (You can probably find Date Honey at a Middle Eastern grocery store or the ethnic section of your grocery store.)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I will b trying this. I love just a plain sweet potato with nothing on it. I bet coconut oil b good on it. I also have made a protein drink with sweet potato but I like it best after cutting it in pieces and putting it in freezer. I like my protein drinks or smoothies best when cold.

    ReplyDelete