Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Boris' Hospitality


To get to our apartment we must enter a small hallway that also serves as the waiting room for Boris' dental patients. He was sitting at his desk with his door open as I was passing by. We chatted a few minutes, then he invited me to have some juice. Having heard that he has a fondness for alcoholic beverages, I asked, "Is it alcoholic?"

"No, no, no," he assured me. "It is grape juice, from Carmel."

I tried it and took the rest to "Ferrin." It really was very good.

He asked me, "Why do you not drink alcohol, Sophia? It is because of your religion?"

Thinking fast, I replied, "Sometimes when people drink alcohol, they don't know what they are doing. We like to know what we are doing."

He laughed and was satisfied with my answer. His experience must have taught him that what I said was true!

No comments:

Post a Comment